News & Events
Asheville Ability Arts Fair
Date: March 22, 2013
Time: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Lenoir-Rhyne University Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville, 36 Montford Ave.
This premier event, at the Lenoir Rhyne University campus located in the Asheville Chamber of Commerce building on Montford Avenue, has the focus to Expand the Conversation: on disability awareness, the arts, and community services. It's free and open to the public, and light refreshments will be served.
Performance and Presentations, plus much more:
- Storytelling: Narrative of Late Deafness, by Laura Hope-Gill
- Expressive arts: Puppets, poetry reading, theater performance
- Films: Shorts and a documentary on inclusive theater
- Artists with a disability exhibiting their work
- Service providers sharing information on their programs
Families with their children, individuals with disabilities, teachers, students, service-provider staff, and all community members are warmly invited to an entertaining and educational evening!
All events are on the 3rd floor of the Visitors Center, which is fully accessible.
Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville
The Lenoir-Rhyne University Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville provides excellent graduate education that develops innovative leaders prepared to serve the current and future needs of Western North Carolina and beyond.